www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 03 May 2024, 11:22

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 no pinheaders on dev board? 

Hi everybody,

I just received my carambola incl. dev board and was surprised to find that there is not a single pinheader soldered onto the board except for the ones holding the carambola module itself.
From the product pictures in the gallery and datasheet I got the impresion that those headers should be on (J1, J5, J7).
So my question is: is this a manufacturing/qc screwup or are they really not supposed to be on there and people will have to do that by themselves?

Thanks,
Michael

25 Oct 2012, 18:33

These pin headers are already installed on motherboard pcb.Default configuration: USB master mode, +5V connected to USB, serial port is connected to console.
If you need different configuration then cut jumpers on pcb and put pin header.

26 Oct 2012, 05:03

What exactly do you mean by "installed"? My dev board has no pin headers on J1, J7, J9, J10 or J5. I'm looking at empty holes there. All the images I found online show pins with jumpers in those places - except for J5 which I have seen empty on other boards as well.
I'm attaching a (low quality) snapshot to show what I mean. If those pin headers and jumpers are not part of the package, then that's fine - but it would be nice if your product pictures would not suggest they should be expected to be there then...

Attachments:
File comment: dev board
dev_board.jpg
dev_board.jpg [ 574.48 KiB | Viewed 2741 times ]
26 Oct 2012, 16:10

In the newest pcb revision J1,J7,J9,J10 are already connected on pcb using small wire route.
J5 we decided to no put because one customer want to have header, another - socket, third - not installed.
All revisions of motherboards pcb has same functionality.

26 Oct 2012, 16:27

OK, thanks. It's a little more clear now.
I can certainly understand the point in not putting anything on J5. The other defaults sound reasonable. What was confusing was the pictures not matching my device.

27 Oct 2012, 09:38
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]