www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 Sep 2024, 08:25

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 USB 3g modem device name problem. 

Hello
I am using USB 3g modem with carambola. The problem is that the device name of the modem keeps changing and it gets disconnected. In othere words it will start with the name /dev/ttyUSB3 and I can check the signale using the command gcom -d /dev/ttyUSB3 but after establishing a connection it will disconnect again and the device name is changed to /dev/ttyUSB4. It happens when the 3g modem is connected directly to the board and the same thing also when the 3g modem is connected to a USB hub.

There is an entry on carambola site for connecting a 3g modem but th guide has not been written yet. It will be very helpful for people looking for such information.

Thanks for you help.

10 May 2012, 23:07

There is good manual in openwrt site: http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/3gdongle

I'm using 3g modem with carambola, and haven't noticed such behaviour (Huawey). Maybe your device driver fails to enumerate correctly. You could check if /dev/ttyUSBx device file is removed once device is disconnected. If not, maybe you can add 'rm /dev/ttyUSB*' command to disconnect hook. Anyway, I *think* I remember someone having this problem, but unfortunately can't remember the solution :(.

11 May 2012, 04:58
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]